Les amis de la montagne continues its tradition of park stewardship through a special partnership with the Ville de Montréal. In the spring of 2009, an agreement was signed designating Les amis de la montagne as the city’s privileged partner in major projects for the park, providing private funds to contribute to its continued restoration and beautification. Les amis thanks the Ville de Montréal for this vote of confidence that reinforces the organization’s profile in the community and recognizes its ability to channel support from a variety of sectors.
Over the years Les amis de la montagne has been instrumental in:
- having Mount Royal recognized as a natural and historic district
- expanding the green space along Chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges through the acquisition and demolition of the Clifton Apartments and the subsequent renaturalization of the property
- entering into a partnership agreement with the Ville de Montréal and Power Corporation of Canada to revitalize the Beaver Lake sector through a $7-million investment
- refurbishing Smith House and opening it as a welcome and interpretation centre
- organizing public forums to allow the community to participate in the major dossiers affecting the mountain
- providing ongoing support to educational programs that are made available to school groups and other visitors.
For more information, contact Katie Whitehead
, director of development, by calling 514 843-8240, ext. 243.