REMINDER: Les amis' forum will be held November 25, 2009
if this message is not displayed properly.
INVITATION TO THE PUBLIC FORUM
What does the future hold for institutional properties on Mount Royal?
- DATE: Wednesday, November 25, 2009
- TIME: 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- LOCATION: Smith House, 1260, chemin Remembrance
The Mount Royal territory comprises numerous institutions with great historic interest as much for their heritage properties as for their cultural missions. Yet these institutions are undergoing an important transformation and many will eventually leave the mountain, some turning over their properties to private developers, as in the case of the Sulpicians’ former philosophy seminary and the former Mother House of the Soeurs-des-Saints-Noms-de-Jésus-et-de-Marie. Are we to preserve the inherent public land use character of these institutional properties located on Mount Royal? And how do we ensure that the greater community benefits from the transfer of these properties and the protection of their heritage assets?
- Marie Lessard, urban planner and professor at the Institut d’urbanisme, Université de Montréal and President of the Conseil du Patrimoine de Montréal.
- Jean-François Girard, lawyer, specialist in environmental law at Dufresne Hébert Comeau and biologist. Chair of the Board of the Centre québécois du droit de l’environnement.
For more information, contact François-Xavier Caron, public forum coordinator, at 514 843-8240, ext. 241.