Tuques Bleues Celebration - the countdown has begun!
if this message is not displayed properly.
Annual benefit for Les amis de la montagne
TUQUES BLEUES CELEBRATION AND SNOWSHOE EVENT ON FEBRUARY 18
Montreal, February 17, 2010 – The countdown has begun to the 13th edition of the Tuques Bleues Celebration and Snowshoe Event being held tomorrow, February 18, on Mount Royal beginning at 5:45 p.m.
The Tuques Bleues Celebration evokes the famous torch-lit snowshoe climbs of Montreal’s sports clubs in the 19th century. On February 18, close to 800 people from the business community will gather for a snowshoe ascent by moonlight and a gastronomic dinner. The objective is to raise $250,000, or nearly one third of Les amis de la montagne’s annual campaign goal, to invest in education and conservation programs for Mount Royal.
A handful of tickets are still available for purchase at a cost of $200 per person by calling 514 843-8240, ext. 239. Donations are always welcome!
- Thursday, February 18, 2010
- 5:45 p.m.: Welcome and registration at Smith House, 1260 Remembrance Road, Mount Royal Park
- 6:30 p.m.: Snowshoe race departure from Smith House to the Chalet
- 6:40 p.m.: Snowshoe walk departure from Smith House to the Chalet
- 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.: Gastronomic meal and entertainment at the Chalet