The Mountain in Pictures 10th AnniversaryLet your natural talent in photography shine bright! We’re looking for stunning images that capture the beauty of Mount Royal’s landscapes, focus on its flora and fauna, or zoom in on its breathtaking vistas.
For the tenth year in a row, Les amis de la montagne invites all Montréal photographers, from amateurs to seasoned professionals, to train their lens on the mountain and submit their best pictures of Mount Royal in exchange for amazing prizes and great exposure! Nearly $2,000 worth of prizes to be won!
Deadline: Send us your pictures of Mount Royal between May 10 and October 21, 2019, 9 a.m.
Winning photographs will be displayed on the website and at the Mount Royal Chalet from November 26, 2019, to April 30, 2020.
- Category 1: Mountain of a Thousand Faces (art, architecture, views of and from Mount Royal)
- Category 2: Life on the Mountain
- Category 3: The Mountain in Action (sports, leisure, celebrations, etc.)
- Category 4: The Mountain in Black & White
- Category 5: Youth vision of the mountain (for participants under 18 years old)
- Instagram category
Participants in this photo competition stand a chance of winning great prizes including:
- Photo contract on Mount Royal with Les amis de la montagne worth $500
- Choice of training ($200), annual membership ($30) and 20% discount on the first $200 in digital printing offered by L’imprimerie centre d’artiste
- Lozeau photo bag and tripod
- $75 gift certificate at Marché Artisans
- Framed print of an award-winning photo with customized mat
- Pass giving free access to all discovery walks organized by Les amis de la montagne and four free equipment rentals (snowshoes, skates, skis and inner tubes) on Mount Royal
- Meal for two at the Café des Amis in the Beaver Lake Pavilion
- And many others (see contest rules for details)!
Contest RulesBefore entering, please read contest rules.
How to Participate
This photo competition is open to all shutterbugs! To enter, submit your photos between May 10 and October 21, 2019, before 9 a.m., using the form below OR via the Instagram category.
You are a teacher and would like to have your class participate? Contact the person in charge of the contest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission Guidelines for Instagram Category
- You must be a member of Instagram and have a public account.
- Publish photos of Mount Royal on your Instagram account that you took yourself or for which you have obtained all the rights to use during the contest period.
- Identify the entering photo by adding the tag @lemontroyal and using the hashtag #mtroyalmoment.
- Upon completion of the previous step, you will receive one (1) entry into the contest.
- Limit: One (1) entry per person, per day, per Instagram account, during the contest period.
Submission Guidelines and Technical Requirements for Categories 1-5
- You can submit a maximum of three (3) photos per category, for a maximum of twelve (12) photos.
- You can only send one (1) photo at a time.
- Colour, black and white photos and panoramic format are accepted.
- Photos must be in JPEG format and weigh between 2 and 16 MB (e.g., 300 DPI resolution with a size of 5 X 7 inches).
- Each digital photo filename must include: category number, name of photographer and short descriptive title.
- In case of a technical problem with the form, you can submit your pictures by email at email@example.com.
Visit Les amis de la montagne’s Flickr account to see the winners of past editions.
Thank You to Our Partners!
Alberto Bijoux, Ananas et Bananas, Café rico, La Distillerie, Ecto, Le Gym du Plateau, Kyoto fleurs, Librairie L’échange, La Maison des bières, Piri piri, Port de tête, Boutique Romance, Taverne Saint-Sacrement, Trip de bouffe