The Mountain in PicturesLet your natural talent in photography shine bright! We’re looking for stunning images that capture the beauty of Mount Royal’s landscapes, focus on its flora and fauna, or zoom in on its breathtaking vistas.
2020-2021 Edition: From Solstice to Equinox
Les amis de la montagne invites all photographers, from amateurs to seasoned professionals, to train their lens on the mountain and submit their best pictures of Mount Royal in exchange for amazing prizes and great exposure!
Deadline: October 25, 2021, before 8 a.m.
The awards ceremony and unveiling of the winning photos will take place on Saturday, November 13, 2021.
This year, the contest will be divided into segments to better represent the mountain throughout the seasons. Each segment will feature categories that will be unveiled in the coming months.
Until September 22, 2021, we invite photographers to explore the following categories:
- Category 1 - The Mountain: Winter Fun and Fresh Air: showcase seasonal activities and sites on Mount Royal
- Category 2 - Landscape and Nature Below 0°: capture the mountain’s spaces and species during the winter
- Category 3 - Youth Vision: for participants under 18 years old
- Category 4 – Ground-level view of the mountain: change your point of view and be as close as possible to the ground to capture Mount Royal. It’s on this ground surface you’ll enjoy the best of spring’s lushness!
- Category 5 – Colours in bloom: humans, nature and buildings are freed from snow and frost to show their greatest looks… can you emphasize all these colours to get some attention?
- Category 6 - An Exotic Mountain: We are local travelers this summer. No matter! See if you can capture images on Mount Royal that take us to far away places throughout the world. Will you be able to bring out the exotic nature of the mountain through your lens?
- Category 7 - Expressing Yourself: Photography is a powerful means of expression. Here is an opportunity to immortalize a message through photography and perpetuate it over time. Bear witness through photos and pass this message on to the future.
- Category - Instagram: get inspired and share your vision of the mountain with #mtroyalphoto2021
Stay tuned for new categories throughout the seasons!
PrizesAll winning photos will be printed, framed and exhibited at the Mount Royal Chalet from December 1, 2021 to April 30, 2022. Photos will also appear on Les amis de la montagne’s website.
The jury will designate a winner per category as well as a Grand Jury Prize winner. A prize will be awarded to each winner. Please refer to the contest rules for details about the prizes.
How to Participate
This photo competition is open to all shutterbugs! To enter, submit your photos between December 4, 2020, and October 25, 2021, before 8 a.m., using the form below OR via the Instagram category.
Before entering, please read Contest Rules.
Are you a teacher and would like to get your class involved? Contact the person in charge of the contest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information
Visit our various platforms to discover Les amis de la montagne’s photographic répertoire:
- Facebook Jaimelemontroyal
- Instagram @lemontroyal
- Les amis de la montagne Flickr account to see the winning entries of previous editions
For more information on the photo contest, write to email@example.com or call 514 843-8240, ext. 268.
Thank You to Our Sponsors and Partners!
Les amis de la montagne wishes to thank: